Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Remember that Big Piece?

Well, I ended up starting another and slowly adding to the first. Once I added the birds I figured I was done, but I wasn't sure. I get stuck not wanting to cover up previous layers even though I KNOW it gets better as more layers get added.
Then I had a revelation! I wanted to play with negative space. I let that idea roll around in my head for a couple of weeks and then I just jumped in and did this!

I love it! And I thought it was done, but a week later I sanded down some of the red to expose more collage from underneath. I'm calling it "Two in The Bush".

As for the one with the arrow, it may or may not be done. They are both sitting on a bookshelf between the living room and kitchen so that they can speak to me when they are ready.


I'm temporarily calling this peice "Target Number".




What do you think???

6 comments:

  1. Hey - look at you blogging! I love what you did with that bird painting. A bold move that totally paid off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I figured you'd be the first to notice a blog post! :)

      Delete
  2. Completely LOVE the bird painting...I'm always afraid to do something that bold, but it worked for you big time! Hey, so a while back I was bugging you via Swap Bot to do a tutorial on how you make those lucious gel skin transfers. Hint hint. Poke poke. What do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I totally forgot...I guess I better actually write it on a list or something huh? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you did with the negative space and the birds! Wow! So strong!

    ReplyDelete